The shock of getting into an accident, being injured, or losing a family member in a crash can be traumatic. The injuries sustained in an accident can be life-changing. There could be pain and discomfort, partial disability, permanent impairment, or loss of the ability to enjoy a normal life with the ones you love. There will also be police questioning, complex auto insurance forms, and unfeeling adjusters who pressure to settle the claim quickly.
Next comes the needed medical treatment and rehabilitation, the medical bills, lost wages, and the needed repairs for vehicle and property damage. The list goes on and on of the burdens that come with an accident. Because of this, you need to use the “Golden Hour” after an accident to gather pertinent information to protect your rights:
- Get immediate medical aid for injuries
- Call an attorney for advice right away
- Admit no wrongdoing. Sign nothing.
- Write down names and addresses of witnesses.
- Call for police. Ask officers to write an accident report. Request names, badge numbers & phone numbers.
- Try not to move cars until police arrive, unless vehicles impede traffic.
- Ask for other driver’s and witnesses’ names, addresses, and insurance information.
- Write down all cars’ tag numbers.
- Inform your insurance carrier.
- Use your cell phone camera to photograph injuries, damage, skid marks, and other relevant images.
You are not alone. Mohammed Alzaidi, an experienced auto accident lawyer, can protect and safeguard your rights to obtain recovery and recompense for serious harm due to other drivers’ negligence. Call today. The initial consult is free and is in your best interest.